Transitioning to eLearning Days requires training to effectively use digital tools and applications. Sustainable professional learning models, geared specifically to support teachers for eLearning will positively impact the teaching and learning experiences.
Professional Learning for Teaching Online
Below are free resources for educators and administrators to better understand how to teach online. The
- Online Learning Key Terms and Definitions, Virtual Learning Leadership Alliance
- Teachers Guide to Online Learning, Michigan Virtual
- Guide to transitioning from face-to-face to online learning while maintaining an engaging experience, D2L
- Creating an online course: A step-by-step guide, D2L
- Collection of Webinars to Implement Online Learning,edWeb
- Planning for Expectations and Attendance, FiveStar
- Quality Virtual Learning Lesson Design, FiveStar
- Feedback & Grading, FiveStar
- NH Learns Alliance Webinar Schedule, The NH Learns Alliance is offering daily webinars for teachers and administrators on how to implement eLearning days.
- Virginia Virtual: series of 3 webinars over the next few weeks for all Virginia public educators at no cost.
- The Effective Online Teaching Course from Georgia Virtual is focused on the basic skills necessary to be an effective online instructor.
- Idaho Virtual eDays for Teachers, webinar helping prepare teachers to utilize online resources to facilitate learning for their students.
- ESRI Webinar: Learn How to Teach with GIS When School is Disrupted
- Maryland Department of Education Teacher Resources
- Resources to meet the needs of students with disabilities, Educating All Learners
Online Learning Teaching Tools
Guides for various tools to keep online learning interactive
Articles and Blog Posts
Variety of interactive tools with website and app suggestions
Mindmapping: Graphic organizers can be created using these apps.
Presenting: Create presentations using these apps.
Publishing: Publish web pages and interactive books with these tools.
Reflecting: These apps encourage reflection and commenting.
Scanning: Digitize documents from your iOS device using these apps. Notes and Files are built into your iPad!
Video/Whiteboards/Screencasting: Create videos and demonstrate concepts using these apps.
Writing/Drawing/Annotating: Make drawings, annotate images, and more with these apps.
This list of resources provides examples of various digital tools that teachers may choose to leverage when teaching online. Resources provided by Lucy Grays’ Online Teaching Resources