Professional Learning Committee
Leadership: Joe Campbell, Connecticut Department of Education
Staff Liaison: Christine Fox
The Professional Learning Committee exists to provide relevant, high-quality professional learning opportunities and to facilitate the development and advancement of job-related skills and knowledge of members. In particular, the committee will focus on opportunities designed to build stronger and more effective state leaders and to develop future SETDA leaders. The committee will review, identify, develop, and provide professional learning opportunities on an ongoing basis to meet emerging needs of the SETDA membership. Focus areas for the committee include:
- Planning for and providing a range of professional learning topics and formats for members, ensuring unique experiences that members view as high quality and relevant to their needs over time.
- Fostering informal networking and relationship building among members, state colleagues, strategic partners, and others.
- Leveraging the SETDA online learning community to facilitate valuable opportunities for professional learning and networking across states and territories during and in-between formal professional learning activities.
- Planning the agenda and content for national gatherings of SETDA members.
- Evaluating the success of the professional learning events, soliciting input from the membership regarding professional learning needs, and revising professional learning activities based on member input.