Tune in on Sept. 24 for the release of “Out of Print: Reimagining the K-12 Textbook in a Digital Age”
Please join the State Educational Technology Directors Association (SETDA) for a report release and briefing (in-person & via webcast).
"Out of Print: Reimagining the K-12 Textbook in a Digital Age"
Monday, September 24, 2012, from 2:00-4:00pm ET
National Press Club, 529 14th St, NW, Washington, DC 20045
"Out of Print: Reimagining the Textbook in a Digital Age" highlights the sea change underway in the multi-billion dollar U.S. K-12 instructional materials market enabled by recent technology and intellectual property rights innovations. With a focus on the ultimate impact on student learning, the report provides examples of lessons learned from recent digital and open (OER) content initiatives by leading states and school districts and offers comprehensive recommendations for government, industry, and educators to ensure that the inevitable shift to digital instructional materials improves student achievement and engagement and efficiently uses scarce resources.
Speakers to include:
• Doug Levin, State Educational Technology Directors Association
• Geoffrey Fletcher, State Educational Technology Directors Association
• Tiffany Hall, Utah State Office of Education
• Lan Neugent, Virginia Department of Education
• Tom Woodward, Henrico County Schools, Virginia
• Peter Zamora, Council of Chief State School Officers
We hope you'll join us for this exciting event.