Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel
2800 South Potomac Avenue
Arlington, Virginia 22202
The Education Forum is an invitation-only event, open to SETDA state and affiliate members, Platinum and Gold Private Sector Partners, Channel Partners and SETDA VIP guests.
Share Your Summit Photos
Attendees, please share your Summit photos here:
For information on how your company can become engaged with SETDA’s membership at the Leadership Summit, please contact Melissa Greene at email@example.com.
As part of the Summit, SETDA hosts the one-day Education Forum, an event to shine a spotlight on the full scope of the digital transformation of policy and practice underway in K-12 education. The Ed Forum includes guests from the executive leadership from national educational organizations, policy makers and representatives from think-tanks and various federal agencies to attend and participate as keynote speakers, panelists and working group participants.
Schedule of Events: 2019 Education Forum
Monday, November 4
Participants: State Members, Private Sector Partners, Event Sponsors and Invited Guests are all invited to attend all events through 5pm.
8:00 am Breakfast and Welcome – Salon 4
- Candice Dodson, SETDA Executive Director
- Laurel Ballard, Ph.D., Student and Teacher Resources Team Supervisor, Wyoming Department of Education (WDE) and Chair, SETDA Board of Directors
8:45 am Student Voices Plenary Presentation – Salon 4
- Garrett McGuire, Area Manager – External Affairs, Corporate and External Affairs, AT&T Virginia
- Christine Fox, Deputy Executive Director, SETDA
- Michael P. Nagler, Ed.D., Superintendent of Mineola Public Schools, Vincent Interrante, Teacher and the Students of Mineola Middle School: Jordan Chaver, Catherine Dinh, Luke Martinez, Joseph Parrino, Emma Powers
10:15 am Break
10:30 – 11:30 am States Sharing Breakout Sessions
- Improving SEA Interoperability: Empowering the Future
- Educational Technology in Teacher Prep: Connecting the Dots
- Digital Literacy: Empowering Students Across the Curriculum
- Quality Instructional Materials: Check ’em Out!
- Online Learning Exemplified: Updated National Standards
- Equitable Access to Broadband On and Off Campus
11:30 am – 12 pm Student Voices Poster Sessions – Foyer area Salon 1-3
12:00 pm Lunch – Salon 4
- Dr. Stanley Rabinowitz, Senior Technical Advisor, Pearson
1:00 pm Keynote – Salon 4
Dr. Vince Bertram, President and CEO, Project Lead The Way (PLTW)
1:45 – 2:45 pm Plenary Panel: Technologies Transforming the Future of Work: A Global Discussion – Salon 4
- Facilitator: Giancarlo Brotto, Founding Member, Catalyst
- Scott Stump, Assistant Secretary for Career, Technical, and Adult Education, U.S. Department of Education
- Jennifer Adams, CEO, Educating Leaders Consulting, Ottawa, Canada
- Thomas Kochan, Professor and Co‐Director of the MIT Sloan Institute for Work and Employment Research at the MIT Sloan School of Management
- Lasse Remmer, Lead Ambassador of the Future Classroom Lab, University College Copenhagen, Denmark
2:45 pm Break
3:00 – 4:30 pm Design Thinking Approach to Workforce Readiness
These sessions will provide the opportunity for participants to discuss the critical elements related to workforce readiness and how the K12 education system can best support learners to prepare for the future of work.
4:30 – 6:00 pm SETDA State Leader of the Year Award & Recognition Reception – Salon 4