2018 Leadership Summit & Ed Forum
Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel
2800 South Potomac Avenue
Arlington, Virginia 22202
The SETDA housing block is open. Rate: $219/night. Reservation Deadline is: October 12, 2018.
The Education Forum is an invitation-only event, open to SETDA state and affiliate members, Platinum and Gold Private Sector Partners, Channel Partners and SETDA VIP guests.
For information on how your company can become engaged with SETDA’s membership at the Leadership Summit, please contact Melissa Greene at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the Summit, SETDA hosts the one-day Education Forum, an event to shine a spotlight on the full scope of the digital transformation of policy and practice underway in K-12 education. The Ed Forum includes guests from the executive leadership from national educational organizations, policy makers and representatives from think-tanks and various federal agencies to attend and participate as keynote speakers, panelists and working group participants.
7:30 am Registration Open
7:30 am – 8:00 am Continental Breakfast
8:00 am – Welcome
- Dr. Tracy Weeks, Executive Director, SETDA
8:15 am – Keynote
Jon Landis, Education Development Executive, Apple Education
8:45 am Plenary Panel: Inspiring Thought Leadership in the Digital Age
- Katrina Stevens, Director of Learning Science, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Facilitator
- Karen Cator, President and CEO, Digital Promise
- Betsy Corcoran, CEO, EdSurge
9:45 am – 10:00 am Break
10:00 am – 11:15 am – Spotlight on States: Concurrent Panel Discussions
These sessions offer the opportunity for panelists and participants to engage in dialogue related to specific topics critical to improving student learning experiences.
- Equity of Access for Learning Anytime – Anywhere
- Ensuring Interoperability for Meaningful Digital Learning Opportunities
- Empowering Educators to Ensure Student Data Privacy
- Key Elements of Digital Citizenship for Educators and Students
- Leveraging Quality Instructional Materials to Personalize Learning
11:15 am – 11:30 am – Break
11:30 am – 12:30 pm – Plenary Panel: Leveraging Federal and State Policies to Drive Innovation in Education
Introductions: Jessica Rosenworcel, Commissioner, Federal Communications Commission
- Carissa Moffat Miller, Executive Director, Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO)
- Jennifer Barabee, Superintendent, Armorel School District
12:30 pm – 2:30 pm – Luncheon and Student Voices Plenary Presentation
Students of St. Albans City Schools, Vermont
2:30 pm – 3:00 pm – Break
3:00 – 4:30 – Edcamp Style Leadership Discussions – Topics are developed and selected by the participants. Topics may include but are not limited to equity of access, ESSA, professional learning, competency based education, online assessments, gaming, coding, STEM.
6:30 pm – 9:00 pm Annual Gala & Awards Ceremony