Washington Education Technology Policy Summit
- Date: March 18-19, 2014
- Venue: Washington Hilton
- Address: 1919 Connecticut Ave., NW, Washington, DC
- Jennifer Fritschi, Director of Strategic Partnerships at 202-715-6636 ext.704 or firstname.lastname@example.org
SETDA, in partnership with the Consortium for School Networking (CoSN) and the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE), invites you to join other education and technology leaders in the nation’s Capitol for the eleventh annual Washington Ed Tech Policy Summit to gain insight into the education and technology issues in play in Congress and at the FCC, U.S. Department of Education and the White House.
The summit will feature bipartisan speakers focused on policy trends under consideration in Washington and will include a robust dialogue about the impact of these policy trends on the schools and districts in your state. Special attention will be given to policies related to the President’s ConnectED initiative and E-rate modernization, the prospects for ESEA reauthorization, and the status of other federal educational technology funding. Visits to the offices of your Congressional delegation will also be scheduled for those who are interested.
Registration for the Washington Ed Tech Policy Summit is accessible here as part of CoSN’s 2014 Annual Conference that begins March 19. Summit registration is available as a stand-alone event or can be added to your registration for the CoSN conference.
- The cost to participate in the Policy Summit is $99.
- If you are only registering for the Policy Summit, select “new registration”, then select “Special Events & Tours Only.
- You must pre-register.
- No registration will be available on site.
- Tuesday, March 18, 3:00 – 7:00pm at the Washington Hilton
- Wednesday, March 19, 8:00am – 4:00pm on Capitol Hill
The events for the Summit take place at the Washington Hilton. There is a special rate being offered through the CoSN Conference hotel block.