2017 Leadership Summit & Education Forum
October 22 – 25, 2017
For information on how your company can become engaged with SETDA’s membership at the Leadership Summit, please contact Melissa Greene at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ATTENDEES in SETDA’s Room Block
The Gaylord National Harbor that because of severe overbooking, they are unable to accommodate our designated SETDA room block for the Summit for Saturday and Sunday night. Therefore, after working with Marriott to find a location that could support our needs for hotel rooms, attendees will stay on Saturday and Sunday nights [only] at the Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, 3111 Fairview Park Drive, Falls Church, VA and then relocate to the Gaylord for Monday and Tuesday nights. Check your email for additional details.
All SETDA’s Leadership Summit event activities will still be held as originally scheduled at the Gaylord.
The Leadership Summit brings state educational leaders to the Washington D.C. area to participate in this unique professional learning opportunity. Leaders from more than 40 state departments of education, including leaders in educational technology, assessment, instructional materials and professional development, along with SETDA’s Private Sector Partners attend. The event is designed to foster in-depth dialogue coupled with collaborative work. As part of the Summit, SETDA hosts the one-day Education Forum, an event to shine a spotlight on the full scope of the digital transformation of policy and practice underway in K-12 education. The Ed Forum includes VIP guests from the executive leadership from national educational organizations, policy makers and representatives from think-tanks and various federal agencies to attend and participate as keynote speakers, panelists and working group participants.
Highlights of the Summit
- States sharing examples of educational technology policies, practices and exemplary examples
- In-depth topic discussions on the most pressing national, educational technology issues
- Student Voices Award and Panel: an opportunity to hear from students enrolled in leading educational technology programs
- Corporate presentations on new and innovative technologies for education
- Updates from the U.S. Department of Education, the FCC and other federal agencies
- SETDA membership meeting
- Annual Awards Gala
- Informal networking with state leaders