The Digital Learning Day- A Day for Empowering Teachers and Promoting Innovation
January 26, 2012 by Geoff Fletcher
Join SETDA in participating in a ground breaking digital learning event without worrying about the cost of travel not to mention the stress of getting to the airport on time. All you need is a computer with an internet connection and a desire to be innovative. The Alliance for Excellent Education’s invites EVERYONE (teachers, students, parents, community members, etc) to participate in the first-ever Digital Learning Day on Wednesday, February 1, 2012.
Participation is easy, flexible and innovative! In fact, the Digital Learning Day website, gives you a list of simple activities to show your support. So far-
- 25 national membership organizations, including SETDA, are core partners and a broad array of stakeholder groups (principals, school board, content area specialists, and instructional technology professionals are participating)
- 36 states and the District of Columbia are currently are planning to host their own statewide celebration of Digital Learning Day to support the Alliance’s national efforts.
- More than 1,455,000 students and thousands of educators that have already registered to participate.
What can you do?
- Share the Toolkits and resources to support educators at all the state, district, school and classroom levels have been created.
- Register to Watch the Digital Learning Day National Town Hall meeting on February 1, 2012 and participate virtually. If you plan to watch on February 1 at 1:00pm EST, you must register at http://digitallearningday.eventbrite.com.
- Showcase your success. Submit a video of how you are innovating to give the students you work with the best learning experience possible! Better yet, have your students take the lead and show us how digital learning works for them!
(Retrieved from www.digitallearningday.org, Jan 25, 2012)
Visit http://www.digitallearningday.org/sign-up to stay connected, get updates, and receive exclusive information on what you can do to support this effort by taking less than five minutes to sign up and join the wave of innovation and momentum that is building for this groundbreaking event.
We hope to “see” you online at the National Town Hall meeting!
(artwork used with permission from http://www.digitallearningday.org/toolkits/artwork)